Graduate Student Resources
Throughout your time at Utah State, these resources may be of help to you. If you have additional questions not answered by this web-page, please contact the Graduate Program Coordinator, Katie Stringham.
Getting Started at USU
As you begin your studies at USU, make sure you do the following:
- Connect to campus wifi
- Get your student ID Card from the USU Card Office in the Taggart Student Center, room 212.
- If you have an assistantship or other paid USU position, meet with Mary Ann Anderson in Fine Arts Visual, room 230.
- Learn about and sign-up for student health insurance
- Learn about transportation options
- Memorize your university issued A#
- Pick-up you studio key from the Key Office
- Select a desk within the LAEP Graduate Studio in the Fine Arts Visual Center
- Set up your preferred email in Banner. This email will be used by the Graduate School and the LAEP Department to keep you informed of upcoming events and opportunities
Forms & Curriculum
Throughout your graduate degree, there will be forms to complete and classes to register for. The following links can assist you in this process.
Graduate School Forms:
*A student's Program of Study needs to be completed prior to the Thesis Project Approval Form. The Program of Study is submitted to the Graduate School by the Graduate Program Coordinator.
For more information about these forms, visit the degree completion page
Department Policies Pertaining to Graduate Students
Degree Program Requirements Policy
Graduate Faculty Policy
- Chairs of all graduate degree committees for LAEP-granted degrees must be full-time faculty members within the Dept. of LAEP.
- Chairs and Co-chairs of all graduate committees must hold an earned degree of equal rank with the degree sought by the candidate.
- In extraordinary circumstances, following approval by the Committee Chair and Department Head, a maximum of (1) non-master’s holding individual may serve as a committee member.
- Doctoral committees must be composed of no less than (5) members holding a commensurate degree.
- Master’s committees must be composed with >50% members whose position is full-time or emeritus faculty.
- To serve as Chair of a graduate committee, faculty must be currently, or have previously been, a member of at least (1) USU graduate committee for an equal degree rank.
Graduate Registration Policy - 2nd Year Students
Internship Credits Policy
Thesis Credits Policy
Thesis Editing Policy
LAEP uses designated reviewers on a fee for service basis to conduct the departmental review. All dissertations, project reports (Plan B), and theses (Plan A) must be submitted for departmental review. The first $150 of the fee for this review will be paid by the department, with the remainder the responsibility of the student. Students wishing to minimize this fee are encouraged to verify that their thesis/dissertation is properly formatted, free of grammatical and spelling errors, and correctly follows the APA 7th edition reference style. Students may seek assistance through the available USU services (Publication Guide for Graduate Students, Writing Center, LAEP Thesis/Report templates) and/or solicit the services of an editor to assist in this process should they chose to do so.The supervisory committee is not responsible for the mechanics, such as formatting, spelling, and grammar, of the thesis or dissertation.